Quick Note to Friends and Family:

I use this blog to highlight some of the bigger things in our life - holidays, adventures, cute photos, etc. So, it may be a few weeks in between updates. If you want details about the day to day stuff, be sure to check out my 365 blog. (link should be on the sidebar) I update it every Friday.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You can call me Birthday Girl


"You can call me Birthday Girl now mom!" That's one of the first things Kaitlyn said to me when she woke up yesterday. She was so excited that her birthday had finally arrived and we had done our best to make it a good day for her from start to finish.

After the kids went to bed the night before, Sam and I blew up a bunch of balloons (as if we hadn't had enough of that while making the balloon swords for the party!) and snuck them into her bedroom to line the floor. We also made a curtain of streamers to cover her doorway.
When Sam got home from the gym that morning we let Kaitlyn open one of her birthday presents. Then we all had pink waffles with sprinkles. I think making them was more fun for the kids than eating them. :)

No comments: