Quick Note to Friends and Family:

I use this blog to highlight some of the bigger things in our life - holidays, adventures, cute photos, etc. So, it may be a few weeks in between updates. If you want details about the day to day stuff, be sure to check out my 365 blog. (link should be on the sidebar) I update it every Friday.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Aurora Birthday Party





For months now Kaitlyn has wanted "an Aurora party with a horse pinata" and that's exactly what she got for her birthday.



The kids all wore their best royal clothing (note Katy's friend Tyler who didn't want to dress up as a prince or knight but came as the Lion King instead :) ) and we played games, made hydro bracelets, did the cake and presents thing, bashed away at the pinata, and had a great time. I can't believe how fast the time went during the party - thankfully because everything just seemd to flow really easily and everyone was having a great time. Couldn't have done it without my friend, Dari who at the last minute volunteered to stay to help me keep an eye on Ty and be my camera operator - thanks Dari!

The balloon swordfighting



The pinata. All the kids took one turn with the blindfold. But the pinata didn't look any the worse for wear so we let them take another turn without the blindfold, and another...until they had all taken at least 5 turns and still no sign of the candy. So then the grown ups took a turn. But that stubborn pinata! I finally managed to knock the body off but it still didn't release the candy and I ended up cutting it open and dumping the prizes onto the floor. Nobody seemed to mind though - I think those kids would have happily taken turns hitting that thing all night long.


Playing in the castle

*I will be putting a more detailed description of the party itself on my craft blog for anyone that wants to see more

No comments: