Quick Note to Friends and Family:

I use this blog to highlight some of the bigger things in our life - holidays, adventures, cute photos, etc. So, it may be a few weeks in between updates. If you want details about the day to day stuff, be sure to check out my 365 blog. (link should be on the sidebar) I update it every Friday.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

My party

You get a big party when you turn 30 and mine was last night. Sam and my friend Jacalyn spent a lot of time planning and putting it together and they did a fabulous job. The food was great, the place looked terrific, and I was so happy that so many of our friends and family could make it. Thank you everyone - especially my great husband and wonderful Jacalyn. My only complaint - who said the party had to break up by 8:00?!?

The funniest part of the night - Sam, Mom and KC singing the helium balloon version of Happy Birthday. I didn't catch that part on video but here are some of their later antics. Sorry for the poor qualitiy - you know how those digital camera movies work.



Oh, and I just had to laugh when at the end of the night Sam told me "I don't know how you do all those parties!"

5 comments:

Christina said...

Nice party! Hopefully that got you even more in the mood for Katy's party :). What was up with the breaking up at 8?? Your not THAT old! LOL!

Cartier Family said...

So sad that I missed it! Looks like you had fun!!! Isn't it great when hubbies can apprectiate what we do from time to time?

Audrey said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am sorry that I missed it! Obviously you didn't tell Sam that after staying up till 2:30 am scrapbooking you are now officially a party animal!

Jacalyn said...

I's so glad you liked your party! It was fun and I had fun doing it. Sam was great and took direction very well! I'm also glad you got their helium performance on video. I was araid you wouldn't post it!

Happy Birthday! Love ya!

Jacalyn said...

Oh, and by the way, you're dead for posting that picture of me!