Quick Note to Friends and Family:

I use this blog to highlight some of the bigger things in our life - holidays, adventures, cute photos, etc. So, it may be a few weeks in between updates. If you want details about the day to day stuff, be sure to check out my 365 blog. (link should be on the sidebar) I update it every Friday.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day

There are some days (and usually a small part of every day if I'm paying attention) that make my job as a mom seem worth it. Mother's Day, in part, was one of them thanks to my sweetheart of a daughter. I just know she's going to be the one in the family that reminds everyone of upcoming birthdays and holidays and then talks her dad into taking her shopping for a gift.
Kaitlyn had been scheming for at least a week before Mother's Day and had instructed me multiple times that I was not to wake up "until the sun is up." Not hard to guess what she was planning. But I complied and "slept in" for another 20 minutes after Sam got up that morning. Kaitlyn pulled herself out of bed and blearily met Sam in the hallway (he said her face was priceless) at 6:30 - almost an hour before she usually wakes up. They made pink waffles and Katy signed the card for everyone, then she carried everything in to me on her tray. It was so cute.
We then devoted much of the rest of the day to spending time with some of the other important mothers in our lives. We had brunch with Sam's family. And my family took my mom out to dinner. A busy, but nice day.

Too bad that despite our best attempts (twice) I didn't end up with one really good photo of me with the kids.


3 comments:

Cheri said...

I love Mother's Day! Looks like you had a great one!

emily said...

Fun day! Hey, shall we try for one down at your grandma's beneath that big tree...I've been eyeing that spot for a while for photo purposes. :)

Krystal said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a great day, and the pictures of you with your kids are adorable. They may not be perfect, but they are priceless!! Glad to see that you guys are doing well!